Ionic Materials is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated engineering leader with project management experience in battery development to fit the company culture of fast-paced work and problem-solving in an entrepreneurial environment. The position will provide opportunities to collaborate with highly-talented people and the opportunity to manage the development of novel electrochemical products in multiple rechargeable chemistries.
- B.S. or graduate degree in mechanical, materials science, manufacturing or electrical engineering.
- Management experience in new product development, responsible for setting and meeting milestones.
- Experience and skill in presenting project plans and progress in oral presentations and written reports.
- Hands-on laboratory experience in material processing and mechanical or electrical testing.
- Strong working knowledge of computer software, data analysis and graphical presentation.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Manager will work in a peer-to-peer relationship with the Technical Lead scientists and Product Managers to coordinate and execute all activities for specific new product development projects.
- Work with Product Managers and Technical Lead scientists to establish project OKRs.
- Identify and propose material, equipment and human resource needs to execute Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and customer deliverables.
- Plan and execute work flow to meet OKRs and customer deliverables for specific new product development projects in collaboration with the Product Managers.
- Plan, coordinate and execute the technical work flow for cell assembly, electrical testing, safety testing and characterization in collaboration with the Technical Lead scientists.
- Define productivity and quality goals for the technical work flow in collaboration with the Technical Lead scientists.
- On a quarterly basis, report on project progress versus OKRs and customer deliverables.
- Coordinate and manage work flow and summarize all external technical reporting for university, industry and government partnerships.
- Consolidate and communicate technical progress for internal, customer and Board of Director meetings.
- Establish OKRs and full timeline plans for LPI, HWL and Alkaline projects.
- Implement weekly LPI Battery Zero build, testing and benchmarking.
- Lead the Project Management of the ARPA-e contract.
- Manage delivery schedule for any prototype batteries to potential partners.
- Establish and manage an Ionic Materials Pilot Plant roadmap.
- Establish and manage the equipment and process scale-up for polymer electrolyte fabrication.
- Continue Project Management of the ARPA-e contract.
- Complete the implementation of an Ionic Materials Pilot Plant.
- Complete the equipment and process scale-up for polymer electrolyte fabrication.