Ionic Materials is seeking a senior technical leader to focus on scaling up our polymer material manufacturing and film extrusion operations. The Technology Development Manager will have strong, hands-on laboratory and management experience and proven expertise in scaling material processing and manufacturing technologies. This position reports to the CEO.
- B.S. or graduate degree in mechanical, materials science or manufacturing engineering.
- Extensive experience and record of accomplishment with scaling extrusion, polymerization, or other polymer processes from lab through pilot and commercialization phases.
- Experience managing the installation and maintenance of manufacturing and testing equipment.
- Capability to initially be hands-on and the sole operations person, with the ability to grow and manage the organization as the business expands.
- Ability to communicate well to senior management and Board Members.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving environment with the special challenges of a start-up company.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall responsibility for the optimization and scaling of manufacturing operations including materials processing and polymer extrusion. This will include interfacing with the operations team on schedules, production capacities, and quality systems to meet the key objectives of various stakeholders including the internal battery R&D team and external customers/partners.
- Transferring materials and film manufacturing technology from lab-scale to pilot-line or full manufacturing lines.
- Development of procedures and methods for satisfying shipments to customers.
- Reporting on progress of manufacturing operations in terms of productivity, yield, and quality, as well as the development of corrective action plans to meet aggressive world class manufacturing and quality objectives.