Ionic Materials is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated battery scientist to lead the formulation and processing development of cathodes for lithium metal and lithium ion batteries containing Ionic Materials’ polymer electrolyte. The position will provide opportunities to collaborate with highly-talented people in Ionic Materials’ team of battery scientists, materials scientists, engineers, and product managers, while also working collaboratively with external partners and customers.
- Ph.D. in chemistry, electrochemistry, materials science, or other battery science.
- 5+ years’ experience in lithium metal or lithium ion batteries.
- Strong hands-on knowledge and experience with cathode materials and processing.
- Ability to plan experiments, analyze data, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to consolidate technical data into presentations with clear takeaways.
- Experience presenting to and collaborating with customers and development partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and desire to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Battery Scientist will be a member of the Ionic Materials’ Lithium Polymer R&D team, leading the development of cathode materials and cathode processing, optimized for Ionic Materials’ polymer electrolyte. In this role, the Battery Scientist will also collaborate with external partners and customers to respond to technical questions and data requests.
- Plan and execute laboratory experiments focused on optimizing material formulations and processing of cathodes.
- Collect and analyze experimental data; draw conclusions and present results to internal R&D team.
- Consolidate technical data into presentations with clear takeaways
- Work with Ionic Materials’ Program Managers on collaborations with external partners and customers, presenting progress in cathode development.
- Receive technical inquiries from partners and customers and provide responses with existing data or new supporting experiments.