Ionic Materials is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Government and Academic Program Manager to serve as the single point of contact with Ionic Materials government and academic collaborators. The position will provide opportunities to collaborate with highly-talented people in Ionic Materials team of battery scientists, materials scientists, engineers, product managers, and business development team, while also working closely with partners that include leading academic institutions, national labs, and U.S. government research groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
- 5+ years experience in Project/Program management role in a technical development environment
- Previous success applying for, winning, and administering government grants and non-dilutive projects
- Strong technical background with experience in batteries and scientific research
- Experience presenting to and collaborating with customers and development partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ionic Materials has active collaborations with government and academic partners and the company plans to continue to apply for future government funding opportunities. The Government Program Manager will be responsible for the success of each phase of these projects, including writing the concept paper and full application, negotiating and finalizing the contracting phase, and then serving as internal Program Manager with accountability for executing successful programs and reporting the results back to the funding organization. The Government Program Manager will work closely with IM’s technical team, which is accountable for technical results.
- Serve as Single Point of Contact for one or multiple existing programs. Accountable for ensuring clear and thorough communication between all parties.
- Write concept papers and full applications for future funding opportunities. Work closely with Ionic’s technical team to completecontent for technical sections. Coordinate with external collaborators and subcontractors for their portion of applications.
- Develop program timing and milestones. Instill in program team a strong focus on timely responses to technical requests and achieving quarterly goals.
- Write regular progress reports and lead regular update meetings with partners and contracting organizations. Work together to identify key hurdles and bottlenecks and resolve them.
- Communicate all external feedback to IM Technical team, and work with team to implement feedback into program plan.