This is a high profile role in our organization focused on growing our business. Our new team member will seek out and manage application driven development projects by being the lead interface with our customers’ new technology development engineers, scientists and product experts. The role will focus on winning new business by identifying customer needs that fit with our technologies. As such it will be necessary to present clear business cases for opportunities by defining our value proposition for target markets/products/applications, including the development of commercial strategies that enable us to win new business.
More specific responsibilities, include:
- Drive sales growth thru market analysis and applications-based sales and development efforts.
- Identify and establish a prioritized sales pipeline of potential applications that fit our technology and value proposition by contacting and visiting potential customers and delivering iQLP pitch presentations.
- Become the primary contact for our customer’s engineering and R&D teams.
- Develop a full communications package summarizing iQLP technology and value proposition – company slide deck, data sheets, etc.
- Manage each priority application in terms of customer interface, applications understanding, co-development, testing and coordination with internal R&D team.
- Be an active participant in the new product and process incubation process by bringing clear understanding of market/applications requirements to our team.
- Assist in the development of cost models and proposals for our customers.
- Drive opportunities to closure to win new business.
- Work under minimal supervision with attention to detail and organization.
- Work successfully in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and team-oriented environment.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned applications engineer with strong technical marketing and business development expertise. It will be essential that the team member has a strong technical background in polymers, materials science, related manufacturing disciplines, and the electro-mechanical aspects of the product(s) our customers are developing. Knowledge of LCP’s and/or other engineering resins, with strong applications understanding for such materials is highly desired – electronic components, electro-mechanical components/assemblies, structural plastics, PCB’s, and packaging. This candidate must be a self-starter who is comfortable in leadership roles that can vary from a technical/scientific environment to commercial business development. The need for clear and concise communication skills for a wide range of audiences including technical, managerial and executive personnel are a must. More specific requirements, include:
- B.S. or advanced degree in relevant engineering field with significant years of industry experience. Preferred to have a technical and/or engineering background in the polymer and value added plastics industry with strong downstream applications expertise.
- Experienced in all aspects of business development from new product technology sales, to applications-based product development to commercial aspects including technical proposals, quotes and deal closing.
- Comfortable in a leadership role with proven track record for leading and managing cross functional teams that consist of engineering, scientific, and operations personnel in support of application driven technology and business development projects.
- Demonstrated aptitude for creative thinking, technically and commercially.
- Understanding of basic manufacturing costs as it relates to the value proposition of advanced engineered materials.
- Ability to develop elevator pitches and make excellent oral presentations to high profile customers and company personnel.
- Excellent written communications skills.
- Desire and ability to travel as needed to current and potential customers and partners.