Ionic Materials is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated electrical engineer to lead and manage the growing demands of electrochemical testing and data analysis. The position will provide opportunities to collaborate with highly-talented people in Ionic Materials’ team of battery scientists and engineers in the development of novel polymer electrolytes for the battery industry.
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in electrical engineering.
- 10+ years’ experience with electrical testing hardware, software and data analysis.
- Experience with battery testing is a plus.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner with multiple research groups.
- Ability and desire to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ionic Materials is transitioning from a lab-scale research mode of operation to a prototype-scale research and manufacturing mode of operation with multiple Joint Development Programs with top tier companies focused on scaling and commercializing Ionic Materials’ novel solid-state battery technology. In this expansion mode, Ionic Materials must address the need to significantly increase its capability for electrochemical testing and collect and analyze the accompanying test data.
- Develop automated test equipment and implement automation of testing protocols.
- Lead and manage the operation, calibration and maintenance of all electrochemical testing equipment to increase testing capacity and reliability.
- Establish and implement automation of data collection, formatting and analysis.
- Collaborate with research groups to problem-solve electrochemical testing issues as they arise.