Ionic Materials is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated engineering leader with strong, hands-on laboratory and management experience in electrochemical cell building to fit the company culture of fast-paced work and problem-solving in an entrepreneurial environment. The position will provide opportunities to collaborate with highly talented people and the autonomy to manage and grow a polymer processing and cell assembly group creating breakthroughs in multiple rechargeable chemistries.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The production leader will support Ionic Materials’ rechargeable product manufacturing efforts by optimizing and managing the polymer processing and assembly processes for coin cells and pouch cells. In this role, the production manager will be responsible for managing the work flow of technicians to meet productivity goals, evaluating and optimizing the equipment and processes, and defining and executing a growth plan for the polymer processing and cell assembly group.
- Work with the technical leaders of each Ionic Materials product team to define productivity and quality goals.
- Provide daily supervision and manage workflow of the production technicians.
- Lead continuous improvement activities for increased productivity and quality.
- Identify and propose materials and equipment for improved production processes.
- Plan and execute the staffing of production technicians to meet the overall company growth plans.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in mechanical, materials science, manufacturing or electrical engineering.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with hands-on laboratory experience in material processing and mechanical and electrical testing.
- Direct hands-on experience in electrochemical cell building.
- Experience in managing a group of technicians and engineers.
- Expertise in continuous improvement, Kaizen events, Lean six sigma and 5S.
- Strong working knowledge of computer software, data analysis and graphical presentation.
- Start-up experiences a plus, the ability to work under minimal supervision with attention to detail and organized record-keeping habits.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving environment.