The manufacturing engineer will be responsible for establishing robust processes for Ionic Materials Lithium Polymer Program (LPP). Proven experience in process development, equipment specification and the establishment and continuous improvement of production lines. In this role, the manufacturing engineer will be responsible for creating standard operating procedures (SOPs), training technicians, establishing QC checkpoints and analyzing quality data. This position reports to the VP of Operations and will work closely with a Polymer Development Team.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in mechanical, chemical, materials science, manufacturing or electrical engineering.
- 3 years of Lithium ion battery experience on advanced lithium ion battery materials and solid electrolytes.
- Plan, develop, and execute Design of Experiment (DOE) for fabrication and testing of lithium-ion cells.
- 5S, Lean Six Sigma experience.
- Experience with statistical process control (SPC).
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence diverse team members.
- Experience with process improvement and change management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, strong working knowledge of computer software, data analysis and graphical presentation.
- Experience with JMP or Excel Macros of medium complexity a plus.
- Public speaking skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with attention to detail and organized record-keeping habits.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving environment.