We are seeking an experienced, hard-working, and detail-oriented full time Facilities Technician to clean and manage our 36K sqft R&D, manufacturing facility and business offices in Woburn MA. The position requires an outgoing, self- starter who can organize and execute the facilities cleaning and maintenance duties in consideration of the users of the space and their changing needs.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage day-to-day facility and system requirements including facility maintenance, cleaning and janitorial services. Plan, organize and execute facilities maintenance that may include external resources. Individual will maintain all records, write up reports and actively participate in the corporate safety program. Performing best practices of facility environmental, health, security and safety measures will be an ongoing responsibility.
This position requires the daily execution of maintenance and janitorial services of the facility to assure the cleanliness and upkeep of the world class R&D and manufacturing facility. Including but not limited to:
- Establish and execute a daily routine for trash removal, cleaning or floors, bathrooms, kitchens areas as well as periodic stripping and waxing of VCT flooring.
- Utilize working knowledge of various building systems to properly resolve system problems: HVAC, lighting, security, plumbing, etc.
- Communicate and arrange with vendors for maintenance services of equipment, building, HVAC, lighting, etc.
- Organizes and maintains facilities equipment, parts, and supplies inventories level; placing orders for parts.
- Writes reports and reviews/updates/creates standard operating procedures (SOPs) when needed.
- Supports and assists in the development of facility related continuous improvement programs and participates in the implementation of these programs throughout the facility as required.
- Manages facility downtime by informing lab workers of routine preventive maintenance activities.
- Uses power tools to install equipment, fabricate or alter or adjust parts or components.
- Working knowledge of applicable Federal and State Environmental and Occupational Safety and Health
- Experience utilizing equipment to move heavy objects and materials (Pallet Jack, dollies, etc…)
- Works well independently with minimal supervision.
- Available to respond to after-hours alarm incidents and emergencies.
- General knowledge of basic building maintenance including equipment troubleshooting and repair.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude, obtained through three to four years of experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills- comfortable with email, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with emergency response and disaster recovery.
- Familiarity and sensitivity to wide variety of regulatory requirements (e.g., EPA, OSHA, MassDEP)
- At least 5 years’ experience in facilities maintenance, cleaning and up-keep. A working knowledge of facility HVAC, plumbing, electrical, security systems, and fire suppression/alarm systems.
- Must be able to: lift 35lbs, bend and twist to accomplish tasks, shovel snow & wear respiratory PPE
- Any of the following licenses/certifications preferred: Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, HAZMAT