Ionic Materials is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated battery test database developer to design, develop, test, implement and maintain a relational database of consolidated battery test data. The position will provide opportunities to collaborate with highly talented people in Ionic Materials’ team of battery scientists, materials scientists, engineers, product managers and operations team.
- Strong Database experience needed, including design, ORM and frontend/web-side coding. Database can be PostGreSQL, Azure, MongoDB, or Microsoft SQL in addition to MySQL (preferred) and Oracle.
- Frontend and full stack experience designing web apps with Jam.py, Django, and/or Flask is preferred. However, node.JS, express.js, Ruby-on-Rails, Asp.NET or similar .NET are acceptable.
- 3 + years of experience working with battery and electrochemical testing equipment (potentiostat, galvanostat, industrial battery cyclers/testers), experience working with electronics hardware (multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.).
- Proven record of accomplishment creating, deploying and maintaining a database, Battery Testing Data preferred.
- BA/BS Computer Science
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Battery Test Database Developer will be a critical member of our team. This role will have technical flexibility to collaborate with the R&D Scientist and the Operations team to create a test database tool that will accelerate the analysis of data and facilitate the rapid advancement of world changing battery technology. This position reports directly to the VP of Operations.
- Lead an effort to establish a relational database and secure interface (intranet Web App/API, interface with barcode, QC code, or EPR system)
- Conduct research and make a recommendation to either purchase an existing database (and customize) or develop from scratch.
- Work collaboratively with research and operations team members and deploy forms, reports and queries.
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate, propose and implement solutions.
- Develop and implement database system change control and test verification processes.
- Document source code and create supporting technical documents as needed.