Ionic Materials is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Supply Chain Manager to be responsible to develop and manage a strategic supply chain. Reporting to the VP of Operations, opportunities will be provided to collaborate with highly talented people in Ionic Materials’ team of battery scientists, materials scientists, engineers, product managers and operations team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- 5-7 Years of SCM experience.
- Proven record of accomplishment in the following areas:
- Supply chain development.
- Experience working with vertically integrated chemical suppliers a plus
- Supplier negotiations.
- Supplier managed inventory
- Cost reduction
- Ramping to high volume
- Global logistics
- Experience managing battery chemistry material suppliers, a plus.
- Ability to manage logistics of all aspects of supply chain, supporting product development and production.
- Understanding of accounting or finance.
- Must be able to comprehend legal documents.
- Strong communication skills.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a strategic supply chain for new and novel materials.
- Negotiate best pricing, terms and conditions.
- Manage supply chain logistics process for the development of new products, inventory maintenance, manufacturing, shipment and delivery, and returns on products.
- Keep detailed records, generate reports, and develop presentations to communicate to management.
- Build relationships within the company and with external suppliers and distributors.
- Read and comprehend legal documents, such as contracts or import/export agreements.
- Understanding of principles of accounting and finance.
- Collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds in order to identify problems and find solutions.