Ionic Materials is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Senior Quality Control Engineer to lead and manage the growing demands of quality and continuous improvement. The position will provide opportunities to collaborate with highly-talented people in Ionic Materials’ team of battery scientists and engineers in the development of novel polymer electrolytes for the battery industry.
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in engineering.
- 10+ years’ experience with quality control.
- Startup experience preferred.
- Ability and desire to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving environment.
- Experience with battery manufacturing and testing is a plus.
- Expertise consolidating quality data and creating a relational database for analysis a plus.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner with manufacturing engineers and multiple research groups.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ionic Materials is transitioning from a lab-scale research mode of operation to a prototype-scale research and manufacturing mode of operation with multiple Joint Development Programs with top tier companies focused on scaling and commercializing Ionic Materials’ novel solid-state battery technology. In this expansion mode, Ionic Materials must address the need to significantly increase its capability for quality control and continuous improvement.
- Implement Quality Control, SPC charts, 5S and continuous improvement in all manufacturing areas.
- Apply manufacturing expertise to analyze quality data, present results to technical team and suggest corrective actions.
- Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection
- Experience with internal and external quality audits required.
- Experience leading Kaizen events with shop technicians and driving continuous improvement required.
- Ability to consolidate vast amounts of quality data, create a relational database, analyze the data looking for correlations and interactions a plus.
- Experience with DOE a plus.
- Experience creating and managing a supplier management quality control program a plus.