Ionic Materials is seeking a senior technical expert to lead the scale-up of our polymer powder manufacturing. The Senior Powder Processing Engineer must have extensive powder processing experience, including all aspects of equipment specification, production ramp-up experience, and quality control. This position reports to the VP of Operations and will work closely with a polymer development team.
- B.S. or graduate degree in mechanical engineering, materials science or manufacturing engineering.
- Significant powder processing experience, specifically with thermal processes and particle sizing, polymer processing experience desired but not required.
- 5S, Lean Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate well to senior management.
- Strong working knowledge of computer software, data analysis and graphical presentation.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving environment with the special challenges of a start-up company.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for strategic direction for polymer powder manufacturing. Drive the specification, purchase, installation, qualification and optimization of equipment.
- Provide input to the polymer development team to impact the mechanical properties of the polymer to support high volume, high quality manufacturing.
- Develop quality checkpoints and implement world-class process monitoring, tracking and reporting.
- Support companywide 5S initiatives and drive continuous improvement activities after initial commissioning of the polymer powder manufacturing line.