Ionic Materials is seeking a self-motivated, driven process engineer to support the scale-up of our film operations. The Engineer must have hands-on experience with high-performance polymer film manufacturing, including equipment design, specification, production ramp-up experience, and quality control. This position reports to the Director of Execution and Program Management and will work closely with the polymer team.
• B.S. or graduate degree in Mechanical, Materials Science or Chemical Engineering with +10 years manufacturing and process engineering experience
• Experience and record of accomplishment with scaling high-performance polymer films, especially liquid crystal polymer (LCP) films, from lab through pilot and commercialization phases.
• Experience in the designing, installation, operation and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. This includes equipment modification and optimization.
• Thorough understanding of high-performance polymer extrusion & web handling and troubleshooting
• AutoCAD or SOLIDWORKS working knowledge
• Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving environment with the special challenges of a start-up company.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for prototype line creation, optimizing and scaling film process to high volume manufacturing and meeting CTQ (Critical to Quality) requirements.
• This will involve working with potential OEMs and Tolling options and include interfacing with the operations team on schedules, production capacities, and quality systems to meet the key objectives of various stakeholders.
• Transfer film technology from lab-scale to pilot-line to full manufacturing lines.
• Develop procedures and methods for satisfying shipments to customers.
• Report the progress of manufacturing operations on productivity, yield, and quality
• Develop corrective action plans to meet aggressive World-Class manufacturing and quality objectives.
• Provide input and collaborate with Development team to support high volume, high quality manufacturing.
• Develop quality checkpoints and implement World-Class process monitoring, tracking and reporting.
• Support companywide 5S initiatives and drive continuous improvement activities after successful scale-up.