Ionic Materials is seeking an Applications Engineer to support their growing 5G high frequency polymer business. This role will split time between our Woburn facility and our Manufacturing Partner in Londonderry, NH.
This position is responsible for directing and coordinating customer technical and applications engineering support for Ionic’s LCP film product line that supplies the 5G high frequency electronic market.
The ideal candidate would thrive in a fast-paced, problem-solving, entrepreneurial environment and has a strong desire to succeed. Candidate must be self-motivated and demonstrate the passion and action to satisfy internal and external customers.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop and maintain effective applications support and technical service including customer specifications, technology requirements, quality and performance issues, and process integration knowledge.
· Conduct application and product evaluations to support high frequency film and lamination processes which include understanding product requirements and customer downstream processes.
· Provide data management and analytics for RCA (Root Cause Analysis) and FMEA (Failure Mode & Effects Analysis).
· Own technical support deliverables and ensure customer responsiveness on product applications and technical support.
· Work with customers to understand the customer specifications, technical requirements and collaborate with product development to translate the requirements into designs.
· Assist customer qualifications by collaborating with customer and internal engineering team.
· Generate application and processing notes for Ionic film products in high frequency laminate applications, including others such as battery packaging.
· Provide technical assistance when needed, including technical presentations, coordinate engineering support and quality issues.
· Work with internal development team to optimize product performance leveraging customer feedback and application knowledge.
· Provide technical support to our customers, bridging the gap between R&D, Commercial and Manufacturing.
· Communicate professionally, respectively, and effectively with internal and external customers.
Characterization and Testing
· Test and characterize mechanical, thermal, and electrical properties of materials and extruded components.
· Collect, organize, plot, and analyze testing data.
Health/Safety/Environment and 5S
· Assist in the definition, organization, and implementation of HSE and 5S procedures.
· Excellent communication and customer relationship building skills.
· Strong data analysis and critical thinking, experience with Minitab, JMP or similar data analysis tool.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment and a desire to drive results.
· Highly detailed oriented with strong organizational skills.
· Inquisitive and curious behavior with an aptitude to learn new manufacturing processes and testing protocols.
· Deadline driven with strong problem-solving skills.
· BS in Engineering or related field or equivalent.
· 3+-years’ relevant experience in a technical, laboratory or manufacturing environment is required.
· Strong mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of computer software, data analysis and graphical presentation.
· Must have experience with film, electronic materials, and associated testing.
· Strong math skills with the ability to handle formulas and conversions. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret industry test methods.
· Knowledge and understanding of dielectric film test and lamination processes and associated test methods preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate, build and nurture relationships both internally and externally.
· Up to 30% travel nationally and internationally.
Must be able to move objects up to 20 lbs. on occasion and move self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces. Move about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another. Ability to communicate with others to exchange information. Repeat motions that may include wrists, hands and/or fingers. Operate machinery on occasion. Assess the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.Apply Now