Ionic Materials is seeking motivated, hands-on Scientist with lab experience. Experience in electrode preparation and battery assembly is a plus. The R&D scientist will work closely with Ionic Materials’ R&D team contributing to the development of revolutionary next generation rechargeable batteries.
· BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science (or related field);
· 0-3 years lab experience in manufacturing, product development, process development, or R&D
· Familiarity with various characterization techniques
· Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
· Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) methodology and Statistical Quality Control (SQC)
· Ability to translate and communicate designs and planning to actions and quantifiable results
· Polymer design and development for electrochemical application is desirable, but not required
Roles and Responsibilities:
The R&D scientist will work with the synthesis team and applications lab to characterize and test electrolyte components for next generation rechargeable battery applications. The scientist will collaborate with a cross-functional team to apply newly developed polymers to novel materials systems and cell configurations.
· Understand the polymer requirements battery electrolytes or battery material interface modification
· Assist in the design, planning, and synthesis of polymer enabled electrolytes
· Characterize physicochemical and electrochemical properties of newly developed materials systems using appropriate analytical methods
· Investigate and elucidate ion conduction and safety mechanisms in polymer electrolyte systems
· Work with cross-functional team to incorporate newly developed polymers into battery electrodes
· Work with cross-functional team to scale up manufacturing of newly developed polymers over timeApply Now