The R&D Technician position is responsible for tasks associated with testing new materials related to IM’s novel polymer electrolytes, incorporated into novel battery chemistries and constructions. The R&D Technician will work with other scientists and engineers in R&D to prepare materials and electrodes for cell builds, build test cells, place cells on test, transfer data to spreadsheets, and analyze & summarize data.
· Associate or bachelor’s degree in science or Engineering field, or at least 5 year’s experience as a technician in an R&D environment, with experience in battery R&D preferred.
· Ability to complete computer functions of entering data and formatting into Excel spreadsheets. Basic data analysis and preparing plots of data.
· Ability to accurately follow work instructions under minimal supervision with attention to detail.
· Ability to prepare materials for cell builds, including cathodes and anodes, as well as polymer electrolyte films.
· Ability to assemble and test electrochemical cells using equipment in dry room and glovebox.
· Ability to conduct wet chemical experiments and accurately prepare solutions of different salt concentrations, especially for preparing cells with liquid electrolytes to compare to IM’s solid polymer electrolyte cells.
· Organized record keeping habits.
· Ability to engage with co-workers and supervisors.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work on multiple projects within R&D as needed.
· Make samples, perform experiments, make electrodes, build test cells, place cells on tests, analyze/tabulate data.
· Interface with R&D scientists and engineers at meetings to evaluate results and discuss next steps – also interface with Operations and Quality teams as needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Must wear all appropriate PPE, including respirator (if needed)
· Prolonged standing when using glovebox.
· Must work at computer when entering and analyzing data.Apply Now